Nov 17, 2008

It was His birthday, but I enjoyed the gifts!!!

I recently wrote about people who do not say thank you. Less I fall into that group myself, I am saying thanks to my dear friends for a wonderful weekend.

Recently my friend called to ask what I'll be doing on the weekend of Nov 15. While I knew that is the weekend of my DH's birthday I told her I had no immediate plan. Her response was great how about joining a group of twenty to purchase some discount ticket to a matinées to see "The Marriage Counselor." To which I agreed; fast forward two weeks later when I gave her my payment and mentioned that it's DH's birthday that weekend and I was thinking about dinner after. She said great I'll get you some restaurant suggestions. We did not communicate with each via my work email until the day before the day before the play and I was off from work. I just happened to check my mail from home that morning and there was a message from my friend asking what was my restaurant choice and the arrangement to collect the tickets. I responded to her and saying I have decided to forget about dinner and I'll see her the next day.

We were a little late for the show so at halftime she said did you see my message about dinner after the show? To which I responded and she said "well you better unforget about dinner since I went through the hoops to make reservation at McCormick and Schick. Mind you I already told DH's buddies that we'll stop by after the show.

Fast forward we had a great meal and then the bill. I place my card in the holder and before anyone else could look at it the server took it away and charged it all. For reimbursement the other diners at the table gave me cash and a check which my dear friend coordinated. After leaving the group and I checked the total she had given me the total for the bill and then invited us over for homemade dinner.

Us Redskins people showed up at those Cowboys people home for dinner with a warm sweet potato cake in tow. They made one of the dishes I like very much Jamaican oxtail and red beans and rice. After making another of my concoctions for cold, confirming that she intended to pay for dinner and having some great fellowship we called it a night and sealed a great weekend at the halftime of the game. So to that great group of friends I say many thanks and happy belated birthday my love. In response to my thank you this is her message. "You guys are more than welcome... You both are very special to us and we appreciate the great friendship we share... I truly enjoyed the weekend.
Thank you for making my cold remedy -- I made it into work today because of it, I'm sure... I am feeling much better - which surprises me. My body was not aching when I woke up this morning. So to great friends and beautiful relationships, I say thanks. Take care and stay well, Del.

1 comment:

Cynthia said...

That was simply beautiful. It is clear in life that there are friends and then there are friends!