Nov 4, 2008

Redskins Wk 9: Fenced with steel; but I am excited!

Greetings,

For the first time in a while the Redskins have lost and I am giddy with excitement. There is a saying in this town that the Monday night game before the election is an indication of the outcome of the election. So for that reason I am elated. Jokes aside we got fenced with steel and then beaten down. Maybe it was those golden shoes CR wore, but we got a good old fashion beating; with some seven sacks I thought I was looking at the Cowboys all over again. Who by the way is the next team that comes to town after our week of resting and healing. I am saying congrats to my friend over at I'm Definitely Up to Something who is a big fan of The Steelers and had a chance encounter with Redskins Carlos Rogers.

By the way, have you voted yet? What, you did not just say you are not voting because of religion or some other superficial belief. Anyway this is different for many people like me who has paid $$ for the privilege to do so. So, please just go out and get it done, but then again did you even register to vote? I am sorry but this conversation is over because you are raising my blood pressure and I have to get to the polling place.

BHO all this time I haven’t even said thanks. Thank you for reawakening the dreams of many. Thank you for putting yourself on the line and giving many of us the opportunity to continue to dream. MLKJ and all the others including your grandmother must be singing that victory song, “How we got over”. Besides our faith as religious people we thank you for the hope you have given to us as people and a community. One of my co-workers who is not Afro-American recently said to me, “I am excited about the hope that he has given to my children, I feel good and excited about what their future can be in this country.” Thank you BHO! Take care and stay well until next time, Del.


Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward, left, makes a catch in front of Washington Redskins cornerback Carlos Rogers during the second quarter of an NFL football game Monday, Nov. 3, 2008, in Landover, Md. (AP Photo/Evan Vucci)

1 comment:

Zavysmamma said...

Ha Ha Ha...thanks for the congrats!!! You know I was coming to check in with you right??? GO STEEEEEELLLLLERRRS. 23-6 Del? And with BIG BEN OUT??? Ha Ha Ha...but TODAY is so much more important that a football game, and we are on the SAME SIDES. Love you.