Oct 28, 2008

Former Detroit mayor headed to jail in sex scandal

Greetings,

Please help me understand with went down in the case/trail of Kwame Kilpatrick. How does one legally justify his sentence. I may be ignorant about all the issues involved but it just doesn't add up. If I remember correctly former president Clinton had a similar trial. However,what I do not remember is him doing any time in the pen for that. Not just time in the pen, but time in solitary confinement for which he'll pay sixty dollars per day. Please help me identify where I am missing the point. You can read the story about Kwame here.


The jail cell where former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick will be incarcerated at the Wayne County Andrew C. Baird Detention Facility is shown in Detroit, Monday, Oct. 27, 2008. Kilpatrick begins a 120-day sentence on Tuesday for obstruction of justice for false testimony in a civil trial involving former police officers. (AP Photo/Paul Sancya) (Paul Sancya - AP)

No comments: