Aug 29, 2008

Eight (8) Is Enough

Greetings,

May this Labor Day bring you much rest from the summer grind. I trust that you were able to enjoy many of the season's bounty and a wonderful time with your friends and family. I sure did enjoy it, even though we didn't do as much traveling this year. Considering that for all of last summer I was on bed rest and Labor Day weekend I was in the ICU would say that I had an awesome one. So how will you end yours? For me I will be taking the well traveled road to the Big Apple for another celebration with my people with some foods from home. And if I have some energy after I will take in the fun and excitement of the New York West Indian Parade. And when I return I will continue to enjoy even more produce from my garden, ochro, boulanger, bora and other such vegetables.

Please tell me you saw history being made again this month. I am talking about the man who started from nothing and will soon hold the most powerful position in the US. If you missed it sorry, because there isn't much that I can say to relate the eloquence with which he delivered his speech last night. And did you saw Dr. MLKJ cheering, shouting and dancing up and down that stage, yep, I saw him beaming with excitement for that awesome gift his forty-five year got. For those who missed it hear he him, the man of the hour, Senator Barack Obama.

So go on have you a fabulous weekend and be good to yourself so in return you can be good to someone else. Take care and stay well. Del

No comments: