Jul 10, 2008

Is It Really Worth It?


It seems as though my little country is becoming famous. Did you read the article about the passenger who opened and used the emergency exit door on a Delta flight after landing in Guyana? And everyone is talking about us now Here, Here, Here and Here. But what did it cost him for his fifteen minutes of fame? This might be a very high price.

The last time I checked the price for a 1st class ticket was $1864 on Delta. But what will it be when Delta presses charges against him? I guess this saying really speaks volume, “Money is like a sixth sense - and you can't make use of the other five without it.”

So I’ll ask the question you the question I usually ask myself before I fuss about a person, circumstance, or thing. Is it really worth it?

Have we as people become so impatient that it kills to lose a few minutes. Especially if we’re on vacation with all the time in the world. I trust that this serves as a reminder that “patience is virtue” and cutting corners to save time always cost more.

No comments: