Oct 10, 2008

I recouped $12 & Happy Thanksgiving CA

Greetings,

Are you ready for the long weekend? Since my DH will be at work on the holiday I am not too excited. You see, I think that in order to have great R & R at home you should not have to even get your own meals, so I'll miss that on Monday. But with that time I guess I can have a great time in the kitchen. How about you?

Those of you who know me very well knows how frugal I am or maybe very diligent with my pennies. So as you would imagine I am a vigilant coupon clipper and user. Also I am one of those people who scrutinize their receipts long after leaving the store.

Several weeks ago I went to Costco and shopped for two different families and of course, I used my member coupons. And I guess amidst all of the activities at the register the cashier missed a coupon worth four dollars. Upon this discovery I contacted the store. The associate (Michelle) who answered the call told me that my only option would be to bring my receipt back to the store. To this I let her know that because I live one and a half hours away that’s not an option, and she repeated their policy.

At that point I asked for a manager and was placed on hold. She returned shortly and asked for the transaction information from the receipt and my mailing address. A few more short hold sand I was told sorry for the inconvenience maam and we are mailing you a cash card with your refund.

Feeling good about the better customer service from Costco I decided to investigate the balance on my Amex gift card. Early September when I used the card I remember the balance being twenty-five dollars. However, when I tried to use it last week it did not work so I checked the balance online. To my dismay I notice that AE had been charging me maintenance for the past three months to a total of eight dollars.

I called AE and helpful Ms. J answered my call. I explained to J that I received the card as a gift less than a year ago and do not think it’s fair that I should not have to pay the fee. After checking the history for herself she agreed with my complaint and agreed to credit me back the money. After being on hold for a few second she returns and said maam I am sorry but our system is currently down. Please give me your information and I will credit your card and call and let you know when it’s done. By the end of the day Ms. J left me a voice message to let me know that my card has been credited. Yuppie, with the excitement I bounced my way over to the WF market and voila. My purchase was paid for my AE.

Thanks Costco and AE gift card for refunding my twelve dollars and keep up the great customer service. And to you “my friends” take care and still well and keep your eyes on “that one”. Happy Thanksgiving for my Canada friends, may you always find a reason to be thankful.

Del

No comments: